Yakkity Yak and WikiTruth?
There's proof now that women don't really talk a whole lot more than men do, contrary to figures given by magazine articles and books, which have for years claimed that women win the talking game, 20,000 words to 7,000 (the author of the study calls the magazine stat an "urban legend").
Two things.
First, I'd like know what the results might be if they added a few Box women into the study.
Second, magazines must be wrong a lot. I read another study the other day claiming that lots of magazines had used bogus stats to support the idea that Barbie's measurements were completely unrealistic. Of course, the study found that the doll's figure is actually even more unrealistic than the magazine authors reported, so maybe that one's a draw. . .
But seriously, what's going on here?
Another interesting take on the validity of information reported in various places: Wikipedia may be one of the more unbiased (and certainly most current) info sources available - much to my chagrin, of course, as I'm on the side of those who have viewed Wik as "a nightmare embodiment of relativism and the withering of intellectual standards," but that's another topic altogether...
Two things.
First, I'd like know what the results might be if they added a few Box women into the study.
Second, magazines must be wrong a lot. I read another study the other day claiming that lots of magazines had used bogus stats to support the idea that Barbie's measurements were completely unrealistic. Of course, the study found that the doll's figure is actually even more unrealistic than the magazine authors reported, so maybe that one's a draw. . .
But seriously, what's going on here?
Another interesting take on the validity of information reported in various places: Wikipedia may be one of the more unbiased (and certainly most current) info sources available - much to my chagrin, of course, as I'm on the side of those who have viewed Wik as "a nightmare embodiment of relativism and the withering of intellectual standards," but that's another topic altogether...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!