I don't know exactly what to blame it on, but as I sit here waiting for tonight's dinner (Tex-mex enchiladas, a Martha Stewart Living recipe) to cook, I just keep cracking up at random excerpts from my online reading. I'm going to include them here; maybe you can tell me what's wrong with me.
"Anywhere outside the ring road risked library vans getting snarled in the city's notorious traffic."
- from "Floods delay new Oxford library building," The Guardian
"Like many academic law librarians, my journey into the profession began with a rejection of life as a practicing attorney. I won’t detail a litany of the woes I endured. Suffice it to say, I once had a job where every day began with crying at the metro station."
- profile of Julie M. Jones, Cornell Law librarian
Okay, so I made the mistake of starting this post before I'd gone through all my reading, and I just followed a LISnews link to the Dilbert blog, where people have been writing in their favorite jokes, and to be perfectly honest, I'm so grossed out and horrified by them all, that I don't really feel like laughing anymore. Sorry. What a downer. (Probably serves me right, considering that it's not really nice to laugh about that poor librarian crying before work everyday. . . )
Update:
Okay, so here's something else worth laughing about (if it doesn't scare you to death first!):
"Librarian Hotties" Calendar, from The Spoof!
"Anywhere outside the ring road risked library vans getting snarled in the city's notorious traffic."
- from "Floods delay new Oxford library building," The Guardian
"Like many academic law librarians, my journey into the profession began with a rejection of life as a practicing attorney. I won’t detail a litany of the woes I endured. Suffice it to say, I once had a job where every day began with crying at the metro station."
- profile of Julie M. Jones, Cornell Law librarian
Okay, so I made the mistake of starting this post before I'd gone through all my reading, and I just followed a LISnews link to the Dilbert blog, where people have been writing in their favorite jokes, and to be perfectly honest, I'm so grossed out and horrified by them all, that I don't really feel like laughing anymore. Sorry. What a downer. (Probably serves me right, considering that it's not really nice to laugh about that poor librarian crying before work everyday. . . )
Update:
Okay, so here's something else worth laughing about (if it doesn't scare you to death first!):
"Librarian Hotties" Calendar, from The Spoof!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!