Rowling in it
Truth be told, I mostly love Harry Potter because those books introduced me to the wonderful world of Books on Tape. Granted, no one else can read a book like Jim Dale, but I've encountered many who come close, thanks to the interest he and Harry sparked (and thanks to the amazingly huge collection of audiobooks at my public library).
But don't get me wrong, the release of the seventh and last book is no small deal.
No, I am not one of those with a reserved copy of 7, and I won't be staying up all night on the 21st in order to finish the book immediately (I'll be patiently listening to it on tape over the next few weeks, of course!). However, as emotions run high in expectation of the last installment, I can't help but enjoy the show.
The latest things I've read remind me a whole lot of Willy Wonka - in fact, the other day, after being enlightened to the fact that libraries and bookstores are the first to receive copies (duh), and could conceivably read it before anyone else, I actually caught myself daydreaming an episode in which a librarian was dancing around with a copy of the book, singing, "I've got the Gold-en Ti-cket!" (I was listening to another audiobook at the time; had to rewind, and I sort of felt guilty - like I'd momentarily "cheated" on that book, with all the daydreaming about Potter...)
Yesterday, however, this bit of news about HP security made me think that there are probably no librarians dancing and singing (yet). Don't miss the part about the trains in the night!
And of course, let me not forget Order of the Phoenix (tickets for which I probably *will* purchase ahead of time). Is it just me, or is anyone else worried that the kids'll all get too wrinkly and aged before the last book makes it to film?
But don't get me wrong, the release of the seventh and last book is no small deal.
No, I am not one of those with a reserved copy of 7, and I won't be staying up all night on the 21st in order to finish the book immediately (I'll be patiently listening to it on tape over the next few weeks, of course!). However, as emotions run high in expectation of the last installment, I can't help but enjoy the show.
The latest things I've read remind me a whole lot of Willy Wonka - in fact, the other day, after being enlightened to the fact that libraries and bookstores are the first to receive copies (duh), and could conceivably read it before anyone else, I actually caught myself daydreaming an episode in which a librarian was dancing around with a copy of the book, singing, "I've got the Gold-en Ti-cket!" (I was listening to another audiobook at the time; had to rewind, and I sort of felt guilty - like I'd momentarily "cheated" on that book, with all the daydreaming about Potter...)
Yesterday, however, this bit of news about HP security made me think that there are probably no librarians dancing and singing (yet). Don't miss the part about the trains in the night!
And of course, let me not forget Order of the Phoenix (tickets for which I probably *will* purchase ahead of time). Is it just me, or is anyone else worried that the kids'll all get too wrinkly and aged before the last book makes it to film?
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!