Naptime has returned to our household!*
*It's possible that this won't last, so I'm going to brag about it while I can.
Praise the Lord!!
I'd like to thank my mother, and her timely suggestion of a technique I am calling "Operation Guard Mom." It's a simple plan in which I place the Child in his bed - sans toys, books, and light (as much as possible) - and sit nearby in a comfy recliner to read my book. If there is movement or noise from said Child, a Consequence follows immediately. So far (two whole days), the experiment has succeeded in producing REM stage in less than 45 minutes. And I've gotten far more reading accomplished in the last two days than over the last two weeks!
As I sat there today, it dawned on me that this is probably what the old lady was doing in that rocker in the great green room.
Praise the Lord!!
I'd like to thank my mother, and her timely suggestion of a technique I am calling "Operation Guard Mom." It's a simple plan in which I place the Child in his bed - sans toys, books, and light (as much as possible) - and sit nearby in a comfy recliner to read my book. If there is movement or noise from said Child, a Consequence follows immediately. So far (two whole days), the experiment has succeeded in producing REM stage in less than 45 minutes. And I've gotten far more reading accomplished in the last two days than over the last two weeks!
As I sat there today, it dawned on me that this is probably what the old lady was doing in that rocker in the great green room.
Please, please, please tell me you whispered "Hush!"
ReplyDeleteTricia