There's nothing quite like a happy baby....
Sarah's had a rough week. A doctor's visit with shots, digestive issues, teeth coming in (we can actually feel them but no sightings... yet), sleep training, and a 2-year-old brother. But it's amazing how much her happy moments shine in the midst of such seriousness and sadness! Last night at bedtime, she lay in bed beside her brother for a few minutes, and they just giggled and snuggled and squirmed ecstatically together the whole time! I was doing chores around the house at the time, but I couldn't help peeking in to see what all the joyful squealing was about...
This morning, she's been just about as happy as I've ever seen her - she slept late (after waking up early and briefly to nurse) and then smiled and giggled in her highchair while I dealt with multiple milk spills (and other Brother Drama) and fed her the occasional bite of mashed banana. She was still joyful as we headed to the car to drop Luke at preschool - and she even seemed to enjoy our trip to the grocery store afterwards; I was expecting her to get fussy and need to nurse at any given moment, but instead, she perched contentedly in the cart seat and gazed at fellow shoppers as if they were there primarily to adore her (and they practically were).
What a nice way to start the day! Hope yours has been blessed as well...

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!