Burgled.
On Tuesday, we were given a jumpstart on our Spring Cleaning by a few helpful strangers. Kindly letting themselves in while I was out, these anonymous persons assisted us in getting rid of a few things that had simply lain around the house for too long, such as our TV, our cameras, our stereo, and all of our jewelry... but upon my return, I was surprised to find that they had left behind quite a few objects of untold worth.
For instance, they didn't bother to take our cloth diapers, which had been drying in the laundry room. (Little do they know how deep an investment they are!) They must have considered it, as the drying rack had been relocated to the kitchen, but I suppose they changed their minds. It's a shame they didn't at least fold them for me...
Again, laundry - a long weekend's worth of dirty laundry at that - didn't seem to be to their liking.
And sadly, they opted out of the stacks of CDs that didn't make the cut when I last culled my collection. Guess I'll have to drive them over to Goodwill now...
Totally missed this one, too. A priceless treasure, indeed. (The Longhorn Rose Bowl on DVD, not the stuffed lamb.)
Could've gotten a great deal on their next oil change:
For instance, they didn't bother to take our cloth diapers, which had been drying in the laundry room. (Little do they know how deep an investment they are!) They must have considered it, as the drying rack had been relocated to the kitchen, but I suppose they changed their minds. It's a shame they didn't at least fold them for me...
And can you believe they skipped out on this? Astronaut Ice Cream! Who wouldn't want to take home some of this stuff?
Again, laundry - a long weekend's worth of dirty laundry at that - didn't seem to be to their liking.
And sadly, they opted out of the stacks of CDs that didn't make the cut when I last culled my collection. Guess I'll have to drive them over to Goodwill now...
Totally missed this one, too. A priceless treasure, indeed. (The Longhorn Rose Bowl on DVD, not the stuffed lamb.)
Could've gotten a great deal on their next oil change:
Is it just me, or are burglars getting sloppy these days?
Too bad my Pirate wasn't around to shiver their timbers...






What!?! I am so, so sorry. Stuff is stuff, but your sense of security is priceless. William wants to know what time of day this happened (since we live a block over). A few weeks ago someone smashed out both of his side view mirrors while he was out running and I was giving the kids a bath. Every car that was parked on our street had their mirrors smashed.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about all this! Your post makes me think about something I've been hearing on our local Christian radio station: don't focus on what's lost, but what's left! You are an encouragement and a great example to me! I don't think my attitude would be as pleasant.
ReplyDeleteBekah! I am so sorry to hear about this....but what a cute post. Take your CDs to half price books...they will buy them and you could buy a new cloth diaper...
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear this, hope you guys are well. We had a great time at the Florida/Alabama coast. See you at MDO.
JJett
Bekah,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about this! It just stinks!
Somehow, we've ended up with a packet of astronaut ice cream that hasn't been eaten either. :) (not sure what its WW points value is! ha ha)
Tricia