King Luke

Luke has been ob-sessed with "kings" lately. I use quotes because I'm still not exactly sure what "king" means to him. He uses the word nearly every time he makes something (a bowl, a trash can, a burp cloth) into a hat: "Look, I'm a kiiiiiing!" That makes sense, right?

But he also uses it a lot when we're driving: "Look, Mama, a King!" or "I wanna see the kingggggggg.... ". I've looked and looked, but I have yet to see anything resembling a king on the highways we drive. And I surely don't know how to take him to see the king (because trust me, if it'd stop the fussing, I'd do it). A few times I've convinced him that we'll see the King when we get to church (see how clever I am?), and then I launch into a chorus of "No more cryin' now, we are going to see the King..." (If we're not careful, all these driving distractions may help us all see the King a lot sooner than we'd planned...)

Yesterday, we were bored and at home, and Luke was trying on his trash-can-crown again, so I thought it'd be a good time to make him his very own one-of-a kind King Crown. We broke out the yellow construction paper, Elmer's glue, Elmo stamp (necessary to all of our craft projects), and some craft jewels, and we went to town. King Luke obviously approved of the end result: he proudly donned the crown and promptly began saying, in a deep, regal voice, "No! No! No!", pointing his finger at imaginary peons left and right. That got old pretty quickly for the Queen Mum.

I had to convince him to put the crown in a "safe place" on his dresser before he went to bed last night, but this morning, there he was, wearing it to breakfast. As if we might ever forget who's really boss in this household...

Comments

  1. Hilarious! Love this cute story!

    Jett

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!