Moments

Sarah had a 2 o'clock chiropractic appointment this afternoon, so I thought I'd try to get Luke down for his nap before I left him with his "babysitter" (his daddy). Since Sarah was wide awake, I held her up in my lap while I read a book or two to both of them, and then I let Luke play around on the bed while I sang some hymns... and since I wasn't in any particular hurry to get some zzzz's out of the boy, I just kept singing until P got home. Luke proceeded to explore the window, and Sarah soon needed to be nursed, and so it wasn't as if I had a captive audience (unless you consider the fact that I was blocking Luke's exit from the bed - and Sarah can't so much as roll over to escape me). But as I drove off with Sarah a short while later, I couldn't help but be so thankful for those precious moments of reading and singing with my children.

Unfortunately, Luke didn't fall fast asleep as I'd hoped (took him a good three hours, the crazy kid), but at least my youngest knows how to get some shut-eye!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!