Love Thy Neighbor

There is a woman walking up and down the sidewalk in front of our
house, meowing loudly.

I am trying my best to be charitable in my thoughts toward her, but
she started her cat-calling at the exact moment that both my children
finally gave in to naptime, and now I cannot even relax myself because
every meow brings with it the torturous possibility of children
reawakening...

I suppose I could at least pray for the safe (and speedy) retrieval of
her beloved feline - even if I can't quite view the neighbor herself
with full compassion?

Oh, good - now I'm hearing an echoing meow. It better be an actual cat
this time, preferably the prodigal himself!

Comments

  1. Really? Does that work? The meowing to your cat, I mean. Do cats respond to that?
    I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in our apartments on River Park Drive, there was this lady who went hunting for her cat every. single. night. Usually with a flashlight.

    I always thought to myself, "Seriously?"

    Hope she found it quick and you got to enjoy your precious moments of dual nap.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the meowing is effective for some.

    Incidentally, this same lady came by this morning and knocked on our door, cat in hand. Apparently, though, this was not *her* cat, but a stowaway who turned up in her truck (!?), and she was hunting the owner. (A lot of time on her hands for cats, this one...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!