I SEE GOD!
My four-year-old nephew Aiden is staying with us for a few days, and we're having a lot of fun together. His and Luke's "Gram" is also staying with us, and Luke is just eating up the extra attention and excitement that houseguests (especially cool older boy cousins and indulgent grandmothers) bring.
Today we drove around and visited both of my grandmothers on the northeast side of town, and we happened to pass a Catholic school which featured the biggest Nativity I have ever encountered - it looked just like any other normal Nativity scene, but the characters were at least life-size (if not a tad bigger). I was startled by it, I confess.
Anyway, we drove along our merry way and picked up our Memaw to take her to lunch, and as we drove back in the direction from which we'd come, busily discussing where we'd eat and what we'd been up to the last few days, Aiden's voice from the backseat piped up loudly: "I SEE GOD!" Needless to say, we all swiveled around, not entirely sure whether we were in for the Second Coming or what, and sure enough, there was that humongous Nativity. So I guess you might say that we all saw God today.
Today we drove around and visited both of my grandmothers on the northeast side of town, and we happened to pass a Catholic school which featured the biggest Nativity I have ever encountered - it looked just like any other normal Nativity scene, but the characters were at least life-size (if not a tad bigger). I was startled by it, I confess.
Anyway, we drove along our merry way and picked up our Memaw to take her to lunch, and as we drove back in the direction from which we'd come, busily discussing where we'd eat and what we'd been up to the last few days, Aiden's voice from the backseat piped up loudly: "I SEE GOD!" Needless to say, we all swiveled around, not entirely sure whether we were in for the Second Coming or what, and sure enough, there was that humongous Nativity. So I guess you might say that we all saw God today.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!