Are your meds working today?
Last week, I listened to an interesting YA book on tape - Jack Gantos's Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key. The author does a fabulous job reading the book (it's pretty short - two cassette tapes), and an even more impressive job of pulling us into the mind of a child with ADHD. Joey Pigza narrates his tale of struggling with the condition and eventually finding a way to deal with it (without making everyone completely crazy), and by the time I got to the end of the last tape, I felt like I'd been on a 2-1/2 hour adrenaline rush. . . here's the first paragraph:
It's fun - and worth a couple hours of your time.At school they say I'm wired bad, or wired mad, or wired sad, or wired glad, depending on my mood and what teacher has ended up with me. But there is no doubt about it, I'm wired.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!