Developing Photographer
Ha ha... "developing" photographer... I'm so clever... ha ha...
Ahem.
So usually when I am wondering what I need to post about, I look through the pictures I've taken over the past few weeks to remind myself of what we've been up to. But I am astounded to tell you that I just haven't taken very many pictures the last few months. This is a first for me, since I had kids anyway.
But that doesn't mean the January and February iPhoto folders are empty. Oh, no. They have quite a few photos - pictures of blurry feet, 2.5 second videos of the ceiling, and a surprisingly good collection of shots of the kids' artwork hanging in the upstairs hall. All thanks to a budding new ingenue in the field of photography, my three-year-old son.
One of Luke's favorite pastimes right now is to steal my phone and take pictures. This is an unauthorized activity, of course, although he rarely hides what he's doing from me. In fact, he usually starts with pictures of me - and because he WILL NOT take the picture until I actually SAY, "cheese," I suppose I cannot claim ignorance of his doings. But as you will soon see, I'm usually not paying much attention. Mind, I'm am USUALLY paying ALL my attention to my three-year-old. It is only on RARE OCCASIONS that I am distracted, say, by something on the computer, or maybe in a magazine...
Anyway, I confess that I think the evidence of his photographic stints are amusing. Don't worry - you don't have to see all one hundred forty-five of the blurry, objectless snaps that he has taken over the past few months. But I just can't help sharing a few. What do you think? Will he need to start doing guest blog posts soon?
And these last two are from Luke's second love, Photobooth...
Ahem.
So usually when I am wondering what I need to post about, I look through the pictures I've taken over the past few weeks to remind myself of what we've been up to. But I am astounded to tell you that I just haven't taken very many pictures the last few months. This is a first for me, since I had kids anyway.
But that doesn't mean the January and February iPhoto folders are empty. Oh, no. They have quite a few photos - pictures of blurry feet, 2.5 second videos of the ceiling, and a surprisingly good collection of shots of the kids' artwork hanging in the upstairs hall. All thanks to a budding new ingenue in the field of photography, my three-year-old son.
One of Luke's favorite pastimes right now is to steal my phone and take pictures. This is an unauthorized activity, of course, although he rarely hides what he's doing from me. In fact, he usually starts with pictures of me - and because he WILL NOT take the picture until I actually SAY, "cheese," I suppose I cannot claim ignorance of his doings. But as you will soon see, I'm usually not paying much attention. Mind, I'm am USUALLY paying ALL my attention to my three-year-old. It is only on RARE OCCASIONS that I am distracted, say, by something on the computer, or maybe in a magazine...
Anyway, I confess that I think the evidence of his photographic stints are amusing. Don't worry - you don't have to see all one hundred forty-five of the blurry, objectless snaps that he has taken over the past few months. But I just can't help sharing a few. What do you think? Will he need to start doing guest blog posts soon?
![]() |
| (I promise I'm not pregnant. It's just that I was pregnant a few years ago, and I don't think my body realizes that it should go back to normal now.) |
And these last two are from Luke's second love, Photobooth...
Well, let's be honest: who doesn't love Photobooth??













I was really laughing out loud at the last photo booth pic. Very funny. Glad to start off the morning with a laugh. Sweet, witty post as usual....love it.
ReplyDelete(sorry above comment from JJ)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chuckle this morning too!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I keep thinking I'll start a blog so my fam can keep up with the kiddos, but then I read yours and get too intimidated. True story. You're a great writer.
Love you,
Tricia
Thanks, sweet friends!
ReplyDelete