Chair Races

Luke has discovered that he can stand on the dining room chairs in order to reach the sink, or the kitchen countertop, or the pantry shelves, or the macaroni and cheese that I'm cooking, or just about anything that his little heart desires to access. This has opened up a world of freedom to him (and considerably limited my ability to hide my personal cookie stash).

Of course, Baby Sister is always eager to do whatever Big Brother is doing, so the minute she notices him pulling a chair from the table, she hotfoots over to get her own chair to push, and before I know it, there's a funny little train of chairs gliding haltingly around the kitchen island, stopping here or there for a quick investigation of countertops before continuing on to a more intriguing destination.

It kind of makes me feel like I'm trapped in a little maze where the walls keep moving to block different routes. But I don't mind that much. Besides, now that Luke can reach the sink, his favorite new pastime is washing the dishes. Never mind that he usually "washes" the floor and every other nearby surface when he does it - at least it's something!

Comments

  1. Zoe will "wash" dishes for an hour! I love the quiet moments....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!