I felt the need to reintroduce my kids to their preschool teachers this morning because it seems like we've been gone forever and come back changed - and that may be truer than not on some levels: in the last day or two, more than one person has sworn to Luke's physical growth since last they saw him. But his height isn't the only thing that continues to change, and his sister is running right alongside him in this faster-than-ever growth. Well, my momma always said that kids hit growth spurts after big trips. And we've certainly been on a big trip.
Technically, we've traveled the 1300 or so miles roundtrip to St. Louis, MO, where we spent a wonderful weekend with my cousin and her family and my handsome young nephew Aiden - but the journey has been far bigger than that. I feel like we have been out of our normal schedule - out of our normal life - for the entire month of October! Beginning with a long weekend at my parents' house in early October, just me and the kids while P was on a work trip, and continuing through three solid weeks of my (almost) single-momming it while P was in trial and still working around the clock, during which time we had the usual kid chaos of zoo trips,
Backyardigans marathons, a church campout, and double ear infections (and, I'm ashamed to admit, very few baths....), and culminating in this exciting and much-needed family vacation to St. Louis - well, it's been something akin to the Texas Giant.
Before it was rebuilt.
I'm glad to be resuming our normal programming, but I'm still catching my breath. And finishing up the laundry.
And now: the photo montages, beginning with
October: Our Life at Home.
 |
Even with P working through supper many nights, the kids and I were careful to have outrageously fancy and extremely healthy meals for dinner. You know, like pancakes or mac & cheese. |
 |
| We made ample use of our memberships to the Fort Worth Museum... |
 |
| ...and the zoo, of course. |
 |
On a rare morning off, P had the pleasure of taking Luke to see a local children's theater production of Winnie the Pooh. (Sarah insisted on being a part of the picture, even though she had to stay home with me.) |
 |
And P never misses an opportunity to develop the loyal Longhorn football fans of the future. |
 |
Luke helped me make pumpkin bread. It was deeeeelicious, and we were tempted to eat the whole thing right then and there. (He and I did a lot of baking this month, much to the dismay of Weight Watchers.) |
 |
And here we have a Sneak Peek of our Christmas Photo shoot! Hopefully you will be seeing more of these shots in our Christmas card. (Fingers crossed; I haven't got the proofs yet, so who knows...) (And for that matter, fingers crossed that there will even BE a card sent out! I mean, I'm pretty hopeful, but you never know.) (Just in case, Merry Christmas, folks!) |
 |
| Wrestling kids for pictures is always SO much fun. |
 |
| Especially when they are more interested in risking their lives than in saying "cheese." |
 |
We made our usual visits to see my grandmothers. It's always important to say "hello" to the fish after a visit with Memaw. |
 |
We all got the sniffles, but Sarah won the prize with a double ear infection. Poor, sick Sarah. Couldn't bear to sit up - or to be left out during playtime. |
 |
| I pulled out all my tricks to keep this one busy. |
 |
MOPS meetings provided us with a welcome diversion - and also a fun Yoda hat as a door prize! |
 |
Halloween (weekend) was spent with Gram and Paps while P and I had a much-appreciated respite. Part of me was sad to miss the kids dressing up. Most of me was happy to watch movies on the couch all day. This is the photo Gram took of our little witch and the Ghost. They tell me that Sarah wasn't disgruntled all evening, and that Luke had the best time sneaking around and whispering "Boo" to anyone who'd listen. |
Next installment,
Weekend at the Farm....
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!