Night Owl
It's 10:30 at night. Luke is in bed, and P is working late. I'm
enjoying a little "late night" TV even though I really need all the
extra sleep I can get.
enjoying a little "late night" TV even though I really need all the
extra sleep I can get.
But I figure I might as well stay up because I have company. A sweet
little girl squirms beside me on the couch, grinning and cooing and
looking at the world around her as if it's for the first time. She
shows no sign of slowing, so we may be in for another episode of "Ugly
Betty" tonight. Or maybe I'll just watch her - she's certainly plenty
of entertainment for this besotted mom.
I've always been a night person myself, so I was none too pleased when
it became clear that Luke inherited his father's tendency to wake up
early. Maybe I've struck gold, though, this time around. Maybe in
fifteen years or so, the boys will be long asleep, and Sarah and I
will still be up watching silly sitcoms together.
Love it! Three cheers for night owls.
ReplyDeleteI wish you'd included a picture of that little night owl. It's crazy, but I hate to miss her growing awareness and joy in this world.
ReplyDelete