Open for Business
Now that the reno work is done (I've been saying that a lot lately... well, it is a majorly wonderful reality of mine at this particular point in time), we have gone into superdrive in entertaining. And it's been wonderful.
I confess that I'm one of those people whose motivation to keep a house clean is directly proportionate to the number of people who will see (and appreciate) the cleanliness of said house.
Please take a moment to consider the effort I've put forth over the last months to clean an insanely dirty construction-zone house - all without the slightest hope of any notice from nonresidents.
Frankly, I've swept, mopped, and dusted so often in the last few months that I feel like I've been building up for some sort of crazy Entertaining Extravaganza.
And here it is. Church fellowship on Sunday, dear relatives for dinner on Tuesday, and more church friends this morning and lunch. I know that may not actually sound Extravaganza worthy, but compared to the loneliness we've had since Christmas, it's pretty wonderful. Ah, so wonderful.
So here's to good friends and loving family! Here's to a comfortable, construction-free home! Here's to Spring and 85ºF weather! Here's to a Father in Heaven who loves us and wants good things for us - whatever shape or form those good things may take!
P.S. I have a ton of leftovers from all these events, so if you're feeling hungry for some green beans or lunch meat, please drop by! I promise I'll welcome the visit!
I confess that I'm one of those people whose motivation to keep a house clean is directly proportionate to the number of people who will see (and appreciate) the cleanliness of said house.
Please take a moment to consider the effort I've put forth over the last months to clean an insanely dirty construction-zone house - all without the slightest hope of any notice from nonresidents.
Frankly, I've swept, mopped, and dusted so often in the last few months that I feel like I've been building up for some sort of crazy Entertaining Extravaganza.
And here it is. Church fellowship on Sunday, dear relatives for dinner on Tuesday, and more church friends this morning and lunch. I know that may not actually sound Extravaganza worthy, but compared to the loneliness we've had since Christmas, it's pretty wonderful. Ah, so wonderful.
So here's to good friends and loving family! Here's to a comfortable, construction-free home! Here's to Spring and 85ºF weather! Here's to a Father in Heaven who loves us and wants good things for us - whatever shape or form those good things may take!
P.S. I have a ton of leftovers from all these events, so if you're feeling hungry for some green beans or lunch meat, please drop by! I promise I'll welcome the visit!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!