City of Refuge

Well, we've had a weird 2011 so far. Between snowstorms, new schedules and activities, a busy case for P, and major work being done in our kitchen, utility room, and guest room, we've been flying by the seat of our pants...
The Wolf actually eats the first two Pigs in this version.
I think that's why Luke looks so nervous.

And on more than one occasion, we've been downright fleeing.

That happened again last week, as we endeavored to escape the fumes of renovation, and for a second time in less than four weeks, we took a mini-vacation to Gram and Paps' house - Shiloh Farm (not really a farm, unless you count the pine tree "orchard"). When you've been confined to 700 square feet - and no backyard, thanks to construction debris - for seemingly unending weeks, there's nothing quite as revitalizing as 33 acres of undeveloped Piney Woods.
Yeah, it's weird that he's on a mattress in the woods.
Paps had them airing on the lawn, and
Luke was just thrilled at the new "trampolines"...
I couldn't resist a shot of those baby blues!
I know this one's blurry, but I think
that communicates pretty well here...
Oh the joys of wide open spaces,
fresh air, and toys to push around!
Gram has the world's largest collection of toys.
Luke spent a lot of time trying to load as many
as possible on the Ark. *Sigh* My little Noah...

And don't get me started on Gram's delicious homecooked meals or Paps' unfailing ability to fascinate a very active and curious 20-month-old boy! Mom and Dad knew what they were doing when they named their Farm "Shiloh," a name that means peace and tranquility; it has been a source of sanctuary and refuge for so many throughout the years, and Luke and I felt that strongly last week.
We had to get up early Sunday to head home,
so Luke had a pancake "to go."

Comments

  1. I'm so glad Shiloh seems a place of refuge to you and Luke. Dad and I have always felt that way. Last night in Bible class we were asked to remember times when we felt beautiful. I found it was always when my husband, children, and grandchildren surround me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!