Week in Recap
I can't decide whether I'd describe this week as "wild and woolly" or "fast and furious." Maybe both.
It's been a wild and woolly, fast and furious week for us!
It's been a wild and woolly, fast and furious week for us!
- I have had not one but two home visits from my midwife cancelled at the last minute because of other clients in labor (let's hope the third time's the charm, or else there may not be an extra home visit before this baby comes!). On the upside, I worked feverishly before each anticipated visit to make sure my home and supplies were ready, so from what I can tell, there's not much left to do in preparation for that particular event. Baby, come on down! (Not really: at least wait until after next Thursday, which is the 38-week mark... Do I hear a "Yes, ma'am"??)
![]() |
| Well, hello, Ken. You're looking good for having been in a plastic tub for 20 years. Wish I could've said the same for your lady friends. |
- I finally pulled out all the old Barbies I've been saving (a few from garage sales and the rest from my sister's and my somewhat desolate collection) and got them spruced up for Sarah to play with. And thus earned her undying love and adoration for the rest of her days. Let me tell you, after spending an hour huddled over the sink detangling Barbie hair, I deserve it. Also, next time, I'm just going to buy new dolls.
- I had a lovely breakfast spent visiting and catching up with some of the other moms from church who had also sent children to kindergarten this week. It felt like forever since we'd all talked (and it has been - almost all summer!), and it was oh, so very good.
- I visited briefly with my lifelong best friend (and Sarah's namesake) for the first time in ages. Is there a pattern here? Maybe I need to schedule more friend time in my life (yeah, right... because I have all this extra time laying about, ready to be scheduled...). Still, it is an incalculable blessing to have such beautiful, wise, godly women to walk with on these roads of life, and it was truly awesome to have a double-dose of that this week.
- I had lunch at a yummy restaurant with my sweetheart (and our daughter, who had already sat through that moms' breakfast but was a real trooper nonetheless).
- I cleaned out the 3-4s classroom at our church, thus satisfying an urge that has been niggling me all. summer. long. Go ahead. Call me crazy. But
- I made some more progress on the baby's room. It may turn out pretty cute after all! Or maybe not. But I think I'm (almost) at peace with either outcome.
- I benefitted from the graciousness of two friends who helped me this week by picking up Luke from school one afternoon (during one of the midwife's supposed home visits) and by keeping Sarah for me so that I could make it to an appointment in Arlington (and sneak in Joann's by myself on the way home).
- And last but not least, I've done my part to help a young and naive five-year-old start on the biggest adventure of his young life.


Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!