301st


According to my doctor’s office, I am now an inch taller than I was when I stopped growing taller. That’s right, folks, I will someday be a giant. Slowly but surely.

A One-Eyed, Floating-Head Giant, of course.

Last night, I was cradling Sarah in my arms as I rocked her to sleep, and she was looking up at me sweetly, sucking away at that pacifier, when all of a sudden, her eyes and nose squenched up, and I realized that she was snickering behind that paci of hers. I have no idea what had tickled her fancy, but she looked so bizarre, squinting her eyes at me in the dark, that I burst out laughing, right in the middle of a heartwarming rendition of “Jesus Loves Me.” She laughed, too, and then - bless her heart - went immediately to sleep when I laid her down a few moments later.

Silly girl. 

We made cookies a few nights ago, and I pulled up stools so both of the kids could “help.” Luke is getting pretty good at pouring ingredients into the mixer (read: he spills only a third of the contents of each measuring cup), but poor Sarah was pretty helpless. To her credit, though, she sat patiently on her stool and surveyed the whirlwind of activity before her, measuring cups and bits of flour and sugar flying everywhere… And by the next day, she had officially learned a new word, bringing her repertoire of recognizable language up to four words: Uh-oh, Daddy, Mommy, and Cookie. 



A while back, I pinned a blog entry about hairstyles for toddlers, so I was looking at it last week and decided to start trying some with Sarah. Her hair is getting pretty long now, and it’s all in her eyes if I don’t pull it back. The girl on the blog did all these fancy shmancy do’s with her little one, but I’m pretty happy with the pigtail buns that I’ve just about perfected. I always was a sucker for “doggy ears.”

2nd Grade. Ah, those were the days.

I set up *and used* my sewing room for the first time this week! I made a very simple diaper bag (using this tutorial) that I planned to use for small outings when the big one’s too much, but it’s so cute that I might make it my purse instead. (Not that there's really any observable difference between the two objects, as there is always a diaper in my purse and a pack of chewing gum in my diaper bag, but whatevs....)



And if you’re wondering what the kids were doing while I did that…. they were being introduced to the Wonderful World of Disney on VHS!! Turns out you can get those coveted Disney movies (on VHS) for a dollar at Half Price Books. See? It’s a good thing I kept that old TV/VCR combo after all!



Also, did you see that my last post was my 300th post? It almost snuck by me. But wow! That’s a lot of meaningless prattle wise oration. And for those of you who’ve stayed with me all the way, I’m giving away an iPad!! No, not really. I’m sorry. I’m not That Kind of Blog. Wish I was - I hear they make money for their gibberish fascinating tidbits.

PS - If you want to give away an iPad to me, I would be happy to accept.

Comments