Good News, Bad News

The good news is the kids are sleeping well this afternoon.
The bad news is that I think they are both sick. And probably exhausted from another big week.

The good news is that I just about cleared out the third bay in our garage yesterday.
The bad news is that I stepped through the floor of the attic and left a gaping hole in the ceiling above the third bay.

The good news is I didn't break anything.
The bad news is I have the craziest bruise on the back of my thigh, making it difficult to sit in a chair properly.

The good news is that I don't sit in chairs much because I'm often chasing/serving the Munchkins.
The bad news is that I don't sit in chairs much because I'm often chasing/serving the Munchkins.

The good news is that we are going out of town tomorrow to stay with my parents for a few days.
The bad news is that P is going out of town, too, but not with us.

The good news is that it is raining.
The bad news is that the power just flickered and I'll have to reset all the clocks again. (Seriously. We live for four years in an 80-year-old house and never, never lose power; we move to a much younger abode, and it's out all. the. time. Seriously!!??)

The good news is that I made this awesome new recipe - potato, ham, & spinach frittata - from Real Simple yesterday.
The bad news is that I made enough for an army and, well, egg stuff doesn't keep so well. (Too bad there isn't an army in town... any of you interested in frittata tonight?)

The good news is that we now have cable and can watch the new shows on our TV like normal people (after bedtime and if we've remembered to record them, of course).
The bad news is that Someone made off with the remote, and That Someone isn't telling us where she put it.

The good news is that I just finished an awesome audio book.
The bad news is that I can't pick out a new one that compares. (Suggestions?)

The good news is that my children are well supplied with toys and clothes.
The bad news is that every toy and most of the clothing is strewn across the house.

The good news is that I'm not sure if I care that the house looks like it was struck by two child-sized whirlwinds.
The bad news is that I'm not sure if I care that the house looks like it was struck by two child-sized whirlwinds.

The good news is that my daughter has the prettiest little sing-song voice.
The bad news is that I'm hearing it now, and so I guess I'd better clock back in.

So long, and may the good news be yours....

Comments