Seven Years

Yesterday was our seventh wedding anniversary.

According to Hallmark, a couple might best celebrate their seventh anniversary with either the traditional gift of wool or copper - or the "modern" alternative, desk sets. [If by "desk set," they mean a new iMac, then I'm okay with that. In case anyone is curious.]

My idea of the appropriate way to celebrate this anniversary was a weekend in San Francisco. It was lovely.

Our hotel thought that the celebration called for champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. We certainly appreciated that.

And as is his habit, my generous P brought home a bouquet of flowers and two Adele albums, along with a beautiful card (which Sarah promptly chewed on). That was surprising - and so very sweet.

But the part of our anniversary celebration that I will treasure the most was this part:


Ice cream and a sunset at the Sonic picnic tables with our two children.


I'm pretty sure it was Luke and Sarah's favorite part, too.

Comments