Savoring the Surroundings

This past month - in addition to pulling off a fantastic first birthday celebration - the Vickers household has been somewhat consumed (is that possible? only "somewhat" consumed? 'cause that's what we are - not entirely consumed, but somewhat) with the process of relocation. Our sweet little bungalow has turned into this tiny house that's driving me crazy, and so it's finally time for us to bite the bullet and move further away from the center of town. And have a real yard. And extra bedrooms. And (gasp) a private master bathroom...

So we've been looking. And looking. And looking.

And we have the best realtor ever, and we have a Father in heaven who cares for us and provides for our needs, temporal as they may be.

And I am happy to say that we are under contract for a spacious new house! With a beautiful, sprinkler-systemed backyard, an updated kitchen, and the most heavenly master bath... seriously, I can think of nothing but that bathroom. I catch myself daydreaming about all the candlelit, perfumed baths I'm going to enjoy in that huge tub - because, apparently, I'm under the impression that our new house will come equipped with a full-time nanny... but anyway - it'll be nice.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Because most of the last four months has been Patience Boot Camp for P and myself. You know how it is - once you make the decision that you need to move, you suddenly can't wait for it to just happen already! But then in these past few weeks, knowing that we'll be leaving our house by early July (when our renters will move in), we've begun to be a bit nostalgic as well. And so we've taken advantage of our current location (and the decent weather) to enjoy this area of town, and this house, as much as possible before we move.

That's meant time on the front porch and in the pool, walks around the neighborhood, trips to the local playgrounds, and participation in library story times and events at the park and the zoo. More than anything, I have treasured so much time experiencing our surroundings with the three people I love best in the world. We've had some fun adventures these past few weeks - and eagerly anticipate the adventures that await us in the future!

front porch fun
day trip to Marble Falls for a friend's wedding
(yes, Tigger came too)

Daddy watches the kids while Mommy takes a "mental moment"
from all the fun at home....
pool time
(how d'ya like her new updo?)
zooooooo!
Library Story Time

Trinity River Park
beautiful evening 
handsome boys :) 
I call this, "Stroller Silhouette."
Or "A Child Abandoned on the Path While her Family Explores the Riverbanks."
climbing "like a mountain goat"
a true Fireman!

Comments