Pool days, pool days....

...dear old "cold in pool" days...


Yesterday was Sarah's first time in the "big pool." She wasn't too excited about getting in, perhaps remembering last week when I tried to get her in the pool and it was a good deal cooler and she screamed like a Baby Betrayed until I took her safely back to the side - toes safely not dangling in the water. However, I was determined to not only get her into the pool, but also get her into our infant float so that I could feel slightly less terrified of the prospect of having two young non-swimmers under my sole care within the pool fence.

I don't remember Luke ever having trouble getting into the pool (even on cold days), and Sarah looooooves bath time (she can hear the water running from clear across the house and make it tubside in under a minute, I swear), so I really wasn't sure how to handle the fact that she Was Not Interested in the large body of water in our backyard. But - as is always true with the under-3 set - Distraction was the best method. We started into a round of "Motorboat, motorboat" (immediately drawing the attention of big brother, who insisted on being dragged around as well), and before long, Sarah was deep enough in the water to handle the float. And it really didn't take long for her to get comfortable in the float - the rim of the seat was perfectly positioned to cushion her head. At one point, I was afraid she'd fall asleep right there. What can I say? Lazy floating in the pool must be something that comes naturally to us gals.

(Meanwhile, Luke is darting around madly in his life jacket + floatie get-up, splashing and screaming, and demanding that I "watch this"...)


Comments