Happy Birthday, Sweet Sarah Girl!

I'm a little behind on this post, but hey - I still haven't done the most recent Christmas post, either, so technically, I'm not doing too bad...

On May 18, our sweet Sarah-girl turned one! None of us can believe how quickly the time has gone by, but we made plans to celebrate it properly... Actually, after hosting a ridiculously huge party for Luke on his first birthday, I promised myself no more big parties. Especially for one-year-olds who could honestly care less... but as the day approached, I just couldn't bring myself to deprive Sarah (or myself) of the fun of celebrating what is - admittedly - quite an accomplishment: surviving a whole year in this household!

So a small party, I thought... just family...

But if you know (or are part of) our family, there's just nothing small about it. So there we were - a "small" first birthday party with over twenty guests... and it was wonderful! We just wouldn't have it any other way.

As for Sarah, I think she may have actually enjoyed her party more than I remember Luke enjoying his first. She had a great time watching her big brother and cousins playing in the pool and then running around the yard like hooligans, and she was a big fan of the yummy strawberry cake that Gram made (and that was completely gone less than ten minutes after the candle went out!). She even had fun opening her gifts (with LOTS of help from her brother and oldest cousin Aiden), carefully studying each sweet card and then testing out all of the exciting new toys (finally - some dolls and pink stuff for this poor child!). And I am just loving all the precious outfits she received! Stay tuned for pictures of such in the future...

We were so blessed to get to celebrate this sweet girl's first year in this way. Maybe big parties aren't so bad after all...

Sarah's great-grandmother EO (isn't she gorgeous?)
and great-aunt Dia
DD and Granddad
Luke couldn't wait for the CAKE!
Gram helps serve little slices of heaven...
Touch Test
Taste Test
She Likes It!
And so does Luke...
It looks like Granddad is helping hold Luke's plate, but I wouldn't be surprised
if Luke is actually helping Granddad finish his piece instead...
(Aiden was in charge of previewing the gift pile.)


Our little crowd of helpers...


Comments