This Sweet Girl

Yesterday while Luke napped, I took Sarah out to the front porch to swing a little. I'd pull the swing up high, count, "One... two... THREE!!" and let it fly - and that baby girl of mine would just explode in giggles, baring those four front teeth of hers in a wide grin. As she swung backwards, her fine blonde hair stood up on end, shining golden as the low evening sun streamed through it.

I knew that someday, not too far from now, she'd be distracted by silly things like boys and nail polish and school and clothes. But for that moment, she was still truly free from those cares - free to laugh again and again at Mommy's unimaginative antics - free to love the breeze on her cheeks - free to fly through the air without a thought of falling.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! & I like that jacket;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have a friend with really great taste in girls' clothing... ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!