Dear P

Remember that night when it was drizzly from rain, and we were walking on the Capitol grounds, and everything was sparkly, and not just because of the diamond you placed on my finger in front of the Tyler roses that night?

Remember how that was really the first time we discussed how many children we wanted to have - perhaps it was my way of making sure we really were right for each other - I had some notion that we needed to agree on the number of children? And remember how we didn't agree, but we were close?

It seemed so simple, didn't it? Just come up with a number we both liked, and parenting would be smooth sailing from there on...

But it's been a lot of work so far (already!), hasn't it? A lot of a lot of things - worry, weariness, wistfulness, washing... a lot of wonderful, too...

You have turned out to be a far better daddy than I might have ever dreamed or imagined - and a better husband than I could ever possibly deserve. I love you.

Comments