the big easy
> Greetings from the City That Sleeps Late (my kind of town).
> Yesterday was our first full day here, and I'd like to call it our
> "find out all we can possibly know about the town, as if there were
> a test on tuesday" day. After scouring Internet travel sites and
> three complimentary travel guides on the trip down, P and I took not
> only the best bus tour in town, but we also couldn't turn down a
> late afternoon carriage tour through the French Quarter. We also
> explored a bit of Royal and Bourbon streets on our own, but the
> light drizzle (and heavy puddling) kept that to a minimum. Not to
> mention the whining of a certain pregnant woman.
>
> Today we educated ourselves on the finer details of Mardi Gras at
> the State Museum and enjoyed a lovely trip on the St. Charles
> streetcar, which brought us to our current local, Audobon Park, an
> ideal setting for some on-the-go blogging and (much needed) sunning
> of white-boy legs.
>
> The best part so far has been the food. I mean, what do you expect?
> I'm pregnant, and P is, well, P - always in the mood for a fine
> dining experience. Last night we really enjoyed the fare at Jaques-
> Imo's, and need I even mention the joy of Cafe du Monde? Well,
> perhaps I'll add more intriguing descriptions later - P just took
> out the camera and has started taking pics of me from all angles...
> I'm taking that as a hint he's ready to go...
>
>
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!