artificial sweeteners: blech
So, until now, the only times I ever really drank much coffee were: 1. Junior year in college, when Sara and I decided that maybe the caffiene pills that Tim had slipped us weren't such a good idea, and 2. Every morning that I taught school - especially when I had a first period class and it was 7th graders.
But then I dropped off, only having a cup with dessert or splurging on Starbucks once in a while.
And then, I worked at Starbucks for three months, and that officially ended my desire to drink any coffee at all of any type (it was knowing the caloric count of frappaccinos that ruined me).
But mysteriously, a few weeks ago, I suddenly became Drink a Cup or Two Every Morning As You Browse the Internet Before the Day Really Gets Started Woman. In fact, I've already drunk myself through an entire pound of coffee (thank goodness I still have three more pounds of free coffee - "Partner Benefits" waiting - I've also discovered that I've become very picky, and only good Starbucks brew fits my fancy these days).
Weird. Add that to the whole Dancing with the Stars addiction, and you might think something was very, very wrong with me....
Well, I was going to make a comment about how crappy artificial sweeteners are compared to Real Sugar (hence the subject line), but if I don't leave now, I'll be fighting tooth and nail for a parking space again at school. Not the best way to follow up a good cup of coffee.
But then I dropped off, only having a cup with dessert or splurging on Starbucks once in a while.
And then, I worked at Starbucks for three months, and that officially ended my desire to drink any coffee at all of any type (it was knowing the caloric count of frappaccinos that ruined me).
But mysteriously, a few weeks ago, I suddenly became Drink a Cup or Two Every Morning As You Browse the Internet Before the Day Really Gets Started Woman. In fact, I've already drunk myself through an entire pound of coffee (thank goodness I still have three more pounds of free coffee - "Partner Benefits" waiting - I've also discovered that I've become very picky, and only good Starbucks brew fits my fancy these days).
Weird. Add that to the whole Dancing with the Stars addiction, and you might think something was very, very wrong with me....
Well, I was going to make a comment about how crappy artificial sweeteners are compared to Real Sugar (hence the subject line), but if I don't leave now, I'll be fighting tooth and nail for a parking space again at school. Not the best way to follow up a good cup of coffee.
Hey Bekah,
ReplyDeleteThe wife got me tuned into your page. Great stuff, althought I find your obsession with "Dancing With The Stars" a little disconcerting... predictable, but disconcerting nevertheless. Anyway, stop by and visit my page sometime- I've added some new stuff (including a link to your page!).
Don't I just "love" how Ben refers to me as the wife... I DO have a name and he at least doesn't refer to me as that at home. Anyway, I am such a coffee snob as well. Starbucks is the only thing that's good enough! I've decided that I'm just going to shell out the money. The good thing is that I'm not addicted and just enjoy it every now and then. That saves money! Real, natural sugar all the way!
ReplyDeleteHi kids! Bekah you crack me up! Loved this entry. Love Dancing too, but who thought you would?
ReplyDeleteWhen the Starbucks is gone, try Peets, a coworker turned me on to it. www.peets.com
Isn't Peets the coffee that Oprah just loves and serves to the guests on her show? Hi, Joyce! :)
ReplyDelete