Hello Sunshine!

Oh my goodness, I'd almost forgotten what Spring feels like... buttery sunshine that never presses down too hard, unpredictable gusts of sweet-smelling breezes, colors returning to their proper homes... the birds are feasting regularly at our feeder now, and Sam and the little kids prefer the backyard to any other corner of the house. I do, too.

So not only is this basically the best time of year, when tasting resurrection afresh feels like tasting it for the very first time, but also, we just finished having our house painted, so I can sit in the backyard in pure and simple delight instead of periodically fretting over the way things fall apart, even in a modern house. It's pretty superficial and materialistic, but I don't even care! I love it! And to make matters even better, the porches and shed were all cleared out for the painting, and so I've been able to spend the last two days reorganizing and rearranging the garage and our outside spaces, which means I'm basically in OCD Heaven. (Will Heaven be a comfortable place for the OCD, I wonder? I sure hope so... anyone want to place bets on how many times I'll rearrange the furniture in my mansion over the span of eternity??)

Just look at that lovely paint job!

P suggested the navy garage doors. Isn't he the best?
(ignore our no-man's-land side garden;
better yet, come help me plant something!)

I'm now sitting in one of those chairs under the umbrella.
It's perfection.

See? Even the puppy is completely at peace.


Thank you, Lord, for Spring, for fresh coats of paint, and for an audience who will bear with me when I'm bursting with joy.

Comments