Short Post from my iPhone

Oh y'all. I've been longing to write good, thorough posts about each of my amazing children, all of whom are totally different people today than they were whenever I last wrote about them (or last month, for that matter). But it hasn't happened. (Yet.) Instead, we are filling our days with housework and playtime, school time and volunteer work, and then the crazymad rush that is After School: DothehomeworkHavethedinnerTakethebathsandGOTOBED! 

We are adjusting to the return of routine and juggling three extracurriculars (gymnastics, soccer, and scouts). I am teaching Sunday School and serving as a class mom at the school. P is teaching on Wednesday nights and doing an amazing job of picking up my slack at home (in spite of that little thing he has called a job). And every other weekend or so, we make a crazy decision to go out of town or attend a banquet or plan a party. 

So we are doing great, but there's not much left of us at the end of these days... And often, like tonight, the end of my day finds me snuggled up on a lumpy twin bed with a stubborn little almost-two-year-old who has a scream that carries like you wouldn't believe. But now that he's finally asleep, I can't quite bring myself to move back to my own bed just yet. The sweet breathing I hear, the warm head nestled under my arm, the smallness of a kid who won't be small for long... It's just the best, isn't it? And in case I never get around to writing those more thorough posts, I want to at least remember this particular moment, this particular joy in who my kids are, right now. I love them so dearly, even when they do wear me out entirely!

Comments