A Fall Afternoon in Mid-December

It has been a little wild, adjusting to Luke being in school and Andrew joining our family - and then the holidays descended on us all of a sudden, and I couldn't escape the feeling that I must've lost a month somewhere this fall. Shouldn't it still be October? Early November, at least? 

But no, it's mid-December, and Christmas is next week. (If someone could kindly administer CPR, I'd appreciate it, thankyouverymuch.)

Actually, it's mid-December, and contrary to all my expectations, I managed to get our Christmas card in the mail - and I even snuck in our (somewhat tardy) birth announcements as well. I feel proud. And very. tired. 

So this afternoon, we should be .... doing homework...getting groceries...starting dinner....folding laundry...visiting the library...working on bills...doing an Advent craft.... But we aren't doing any of that. 



We are sitting outside on a gorgeous chilly sunny afternoon. I am snuggling Andrew, who is wrapped warmly in the crocheted love of church ladies, and the kids are "raking" leaves so that they can jump in them. Soon we will be chased inside by the chill of sundown (or the necessity of supper or homework), but for now, Sarah squints against the sunlight while golden strands of hair dance around her face, and Luke begins to use the rake as a weapon... Well, it was pretty nice for a while, anyway. 



Comments