Twenties Girl and Miranda
I recently finished listening to an entertaining novel by Sophie Kinsella (of Confessions of a Shopaholic fame) about a 23-year-old ghost from the 1920's who haunts her thirty-something, single niece in present-day London. At one point in the novel, the ghost explains that even though she lived to be 105, she was always twenty-three inside; later on, the niece imagines that in some way, everyone continues to think of themselves as still being that young twenty-something inside, even when they are far past that age.
When, just a few days ago, I discovered this zany British sit-com about a clumsy, single, off the wall, "big and long"-sized British woman in her thirties, I immediately connected with her character. In fact, I believe that in Miranda Hart, I may have found the exact image of the person I imagine myself to be inside. It's frightening. And knee-slapping, happy-crying, out-of-breath-from-laughing hilarious. So when I become a ghost, this is who you'll want to look for (you only need to watch a few minutes of the video to get the idea....):
If you think you may have met your own inner self in that large, lively woman, you can find her on Hulu. Let me know so that we can repeat gags jokes from the show for the general befuddlement of those around us.
Also, between the audiobook and the TV show, I can't stop thinking in a British accent. It's weird and awesome, and I highly recommend it.
When, just a few days ago, I discovered this zany British sit-com about a clumsy, single, off the wall, "big and long"-sized British woman in her thirties, I immediately connected with her character. In fact, I believe that in Miranda Hart, I may have found the exact image of the person I imagine myself to be inside. It's frightening. And knee-slapping, happy-crying, out-of-breath-from-laughing hilarious. So when I become a ghost, this is who you'll want to look for (you only need to watch a few minutes of the video to get the idea....):
If you think you may have met your own inner self in that large, lively woman, you can find her on Hulu. Let me know so that we can repeat gags jokes from the show for the general befuddlement of those around us.
Also, between the audiobook and the TV show, I can't stop thinking in a British accent. It's weird and awesome, and I highly recommend it.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!