Our nephew Aiden is staying with my parents for THREE WHOLE WEEKS (as he delightedly told us several times), and so the kids and I headed over to East Texas to join the fun for a few days this week. Although I spent more time than I'd like to admit in Conflict Resolution between a 7-year-old and an almost-4-year-old, I think we all had a really great visit, and the boys are both eager to be reunited when we go back to the Farm for our annual Box Reunion next week.
Other than several hard-knocks lessons about getting along, there was lots of swimming, Fisher Price Little People, grass stickers in bare feet, family storybook time with Aiden narrating, a zoo trip, a special performance of Buffalo Bill and the two short "roberts" for the local elementary, and lots of food that is most definitely not on my diet... I blame that on the bad influence of my preggo sister.... ;)
 |
Aiden is such a good reader - and always happy to share a story
with his adoring younger cousin. |
 |
The "big" pool was out of service, but the kids had plenty of fun
with a plastic wading pool that Gram bought for them to use instead. |
 |
John Caleb called from the 'Stan so that he could visit with Aiden.
I didn't grab the camera quickly enough to capture the grin
that was on this kid's face for most of the conversation. |
 |
| "RAWR!" |
 |
| On the train; notice the hands clasp in desperate prayer.... |
 |
| They spent as much time gawking at the pay phone as anything else at the zoo! |
 |
| Pirates! |
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!