My kids don't often fight...

...but when they do, BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES. Children of two eldest children do NOT give in. EVER.

Anyway, this was tonight's showdown. We are in the kitchen, and I'm getting lunches ready for preschool tomorrow. My children are, as usual, creating an obstacle course beneath me to challenge my every move around the kitchen while simultaneously begging for water and for the cookies in tomorrow's Lunchable (see, you were probably impressed that I was doing lunches the night before, but now you know that just means throwing a Lunchable in a bag. Mom of the Year, right here.).

And then it happened. Luke realized that I'd left the pantry cabinet doors open. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him start to close them, and then he stopped and said to me, "Mom, you have to close these doors. You left them open, so YOU have to close them." (Wonder where he's heard that logic?)

But no sooner has he said this and drawn attention to the doors than his little sister turns to them and starts trying to close them herself, with all the Type A force that a toddler can muster. Which is a lot, surprisingly.

Thus ensued a standoff in which Luke stood inside the cabinet in order to keep the doors open (for ME to close) and Sarah stood outside using her full 27 pounds in an effort to get. them. closed. like they should be.

I had to intervene.

At which point I thought, have I jumped into an alternate universe, or am I responsible for these incredibly bossy responsibility freaks?

Yeah, I know. They're mine.

Comments

  1. This. Oh, THIS. it seems like out of nowhere we are dealing with the power struggles and jealousy between my two. Life would be so much easier if Fisher would just submit to his bossy older sister, but alas, that kid can hold his own. Hang in there, if we are both dealing with it is totally normal, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!