iPhone camera, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways...

Last night, I was marveling to P that I really love our (real) camera, but that I am starting to make a conscious decision to use my iPhone camera instead because then I'm more likely to use the photos. Anyway, it's a weird place to be, isn't it? But the truth is, I've been so thankful to be able to take such good pictures with my phone - it enables me to capture the little moments of our lives: the ones that make us smile (or crack up), the ones that make us sigh, the ones that I don't want to forget.

So forgive me this lengthy, totally random post, but I thought I'd share some of those captured moments from the past few months of our lives...

1. Another year, another choking-hazard-Baby-Jesus (which I quickly confiscated, since the previous Baby Jesus was thrown who-knows-where during Sunday morning worship by the older child when he was a tot, and a baby-less nativity is incredibly irksome).




2. Sarah was just as excited as her parents about the new toys we brought home Wednesday from the Apple Store (we may have to work on the fact that they are not actually HER new toys). And might I just add that I'm getting too old for new technology. The day used to be that I'd have taken a new computer out of its package and not left its side until I had explored every facet of it; as I type on my 4-day-old iMac this morning, I am bewildered to admit that it still has the stars wallpaper... and don't even get me started on how long it took me to figure out where the power button was on this thing!



3. On a recent shopping trip, we discovered that we could pass the time waiting for Daddy to try on jeans by dancing to the store soundtrack. Watch out, folks: this is very serious business. Have I mentioned that "dance" is one of Sarah's latest words? And this morning, I taught her "rejoice." That girl's such a sponge - I love it! She's practically exploding with language! Meanwhile, her brother's vocabulary has shrunk to one word: "Why?" (sigh)


4. Our Sunday school class Christmas party was a phenomenal success, and Philip led our group to victory in the "Pantyhose Reindeer" game, a fact which he would probably prefer that you didn't know. I took a much better picture of him, but he erased it so that I couldn't post it. Don't tell him you saw this one. I don't think he knows I have it. He he.


4. My sweet EO decided to extend her Thanksgiving visit to my parents' house in east Texas by several weeks... I have never seen someone in such good spirits to be in the hospital! She is such a special lady. We look forward to having her back in the area soon.


5. Ever since Sarah discovered the rocking horse (which my Unkie Joe built for Luke - and modeled after one he'd built for my siblings and me years back), I've been hoping to catch this shot; I have one of my brother JC and me doing the same thing. But I tell you what, these kids may look happy, but they do NOT like to share Horsie time! Especially the little cowgirl...




6. I don't know if there's anything quite as special as time with a grandfather, and Luke is blessed with two of the best grandfathers a boy could have. (Gram and I conspired to make Paps read him the torturous Buffalo Bill book; I don't think he minded too much. Gram says it's not as hard for him because he doesn't feel compelled to stick with the printed words.)


7. For some reason, Sarah LOVES to carry this lunch bag around. She insisted on bringing it to the mall with us the other night, and she is very dutiful in lugging it to and from preschool (while Mr. Rowdy would prefer to chunk his lunch bag at me and run).


8. Thursday was Pajama Day at the kids' preschool. But we decided that Luke shouldn't wear his actual sleeping outfit, which is this:


But don't they look cute, all dressed and ready to go? (And Christmas-toga-less?)


9. One afternoon during naptime, I was busy in Santa's workshop (aka the guest room) when I heard a door open. I looked outside to see a pillowcase head to the bathroom and then return to Luke's room.


10. You know you're raising readers when they break into your cabinet and busy themselves with college textbooks for half an hour. After a while, they both started "reading aloud"; it was like our own little Pentecost...


11. I'm not sure why I snapped this one, but I have these comments on it:
          • Sarah is super good at saying "cheese" anytime I take a photo with my phone.
          • She thinks it's really cool to wear her jackets "off the shoulder," and she'll scream at you if you try to fix it.
          • When will we EVER rid ourselves of that paci??? ARG....
          • This was the night that P and Luke decorated our Christmas tree, and I think Sarah carried that ornament around the entire evening.


Okay, that's it. At least - until I figure out this whole Photostream thing... then watch out! 

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments