Simple Things

Wow, 15 months is a great age. Walking, talking, woofing and vrooming and oo-oo-ee-ee-ing, and the giggles.... oh, the giggles...

This weekend we are leaving on the Longest Car Journey that we have made as a Family. We are going to witness the wedding bliss of my cousin up in Arkansas, and I am paralyzed with fear over the trip itself. Which is exactly why I'm sitting here at the computer during Luke's nap - and notpacking, fixing toddler meals, cleaning, etc. in preparation. I told you, I'm paralyzed. (I am doing laundry, though. I love chores that you can "do" without doing anything at all...)

But anyway, before naptime and the Great Paralyzation, I thought it'd be good for Luke to have a good chunk of Run Around time (in anticipation of 7 hours in the car tomorrow), so we played outside all morning. Which of course means that I sipped coffee and worked on my Bible studies while Luke, well, ran around. He did the slide thing, he did the sandbox thing, he did the beg-Mom-for-a-bite-of-banana-thing, he did the eat-dirt-and-snails-as-well thing. But the best part of the morning was when he discovered the joy of dragging around two of the pool noodles I bought on sale at WM this week. That child must've walked around for a full 20 minutes with those noodles, pausing occasionally to inspect the garden or the driveway, but mostly just relishing the sound of styrofoam dragging on concrete... the best part for me was when he noticed me watching him; he'd pause near where I was standing and then throw his head forward and giggle crazily (I assume this is the way he's seen adults "get tickled" over something), and then when his performance was over, he'd continue to loop with his noodles.

Best sale item purchase of the month.

Comments