Losses
Luke is a week away from being 4 months old. And by my last count, I have 522 photos and over a dozen video clips. That's about five photos a day, which doesn't sound too crazy, in my opinion. Is it too crazy? I seem to have lost the ability to judge these things since giving birth.
A dozen and one other things I've lost:
Well, I guess that's not to bad a loss after all. I think I'm gonna like this Mom thing.
A dozen and one other things I've lost:
- My figure. (Need I say more? Now I'm just an odd-shaped human, and no normal clothes will ever fit me again.)
- Genuine free time. Even when I'm doing things that are somewhat optional (like starting a blog), it's not really "free" - it's more like I'm stealing from other optional things I could be doing during naptime.
- Most of my desire to wear make-up. Instead I've developed the desire to have been wearing make-up when that photo was taken last Tuesday.
- My brain. Did I mention that already? I can't remember.
- Time to read. Aaak. I'm working on getting that back asap.
- The ability to list an occupation in my Blogger profile. Why don't they have "housewife"? I mean, seriously, there's like a thousand of us out there with our pitiful little blogs flying as desperate declarations that we remember what it was like to think and communicate with other adults! Throw us a bone!
- A "designed to sell" approved living room. Yes, we've been overtaken by toys. And no, he can't even sit up yet.
- The ability to not get emotional about the silliest little things.
- Mornings without a sweet little boy's smile and giggle to make me feel glad to be awake at five am.
- Lunches without tiny blue eyes watching my every forkful.
- Exercise that didn't include benchpressing a grinning baby.
- Bedtimes devoid of bathtime, storytime, family singing, and prayers.
Well, I guess that's not to bad a loss after all. I think I'm gonna like this Mom thing.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!