This Morning

I got up when my alarm went off at seven*. I took a shower, and I got dressed**. I began a huge pot of coffee***, and I stuck some stale bread in the toaster****. I quickly rinsed last night's dishes***** and loaded them into the dishwasher. And then I sat down in front of the computer to eat my quick breakfast before heading out to my first day of work and school this year . . . only to discover from the university web site that the CAMPUS IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the frost has hit East Texas. (I'd post pictures, but, well, it's all melted now [time: 10:00 AM], and so it just looks as if we'd had a light rain.)

-----
*My alarm rescued me from a dream in which I was trying to replace a sandwich in a coworker's lunch; everytime I tried to put it back in the box, it fell more and more apart. I don't even know why I'd taken it out in the first place, but it was a darn annoying experience.

**I had actually laid out my clothes the night before, just like any good student on the night before classes begin!! . . . . Well, actually, I just put on the clothes I wore yesterday . . . but they were certainly all ready to wear!

***My plan was to bring a huge thermos of extra coffee to help me make it through the day. This is the first time in nineteen months that I've had to be at work (regularly) at 8:00 am.

****I'm out of Eggos. And it's too cold to go out and get some more. :(

*****I think that P's shower *may* have been ruined by my sudden housecleaning . . .

Comments